A COMMUNITY MESSAGE
May 14th, 2020
Dear Family Members and Loved Ones,
This week Governor Jim Justice of West Virginia announced his plan called “The Comeback” to start to reopen small businesses, with restrictions, across our great state. I wanted to express what this means to Bellaire at Devonshire and our residents.
As we continue to follow guidance from the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we will also continue to hold the safety of our residents as high priority as well as maintaining the understanding that our seniors remain as the most vulnerable population.
On May 6th, 2020, the Governor issued Executive Order 35-20, which requires all individuals who reside or work in assisted living residences licensed by the Office of Health Facility Licensure and Certification (OHFLAC) shall be tested or cause to be tested for COVID-19, unless such individuals have been previously tested. Our scheduled date for this level of testing for residents and team will take place on May 22nd.
At this point, we have to keep our restrictions and processes in place, which includes the “no visitation” rule. We understand completely you are missing your loved ones, however, we feel keeping these essential measures in place will continue to keep our residents safe with the hope one day soon to ease back into our normal life.
Protocol for our community is still in place and we will continue to practice these safety measures:
1. Social distancing
2. Mask wearing
3. Screening process for all team members coming to work
4. No community dining
5. All residents are wearing a surgical/cloth mask while in public areas
6. Activities department is continuing one on one visits
We do recognize that family contact and involvement are essential during these times, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our families and residents engaged.
In the meantime, “Window Visits” will continue to be available for residents and their loved ones. Please call 304-760-5290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your window visit.
We are thankful for the team members who are being so careful and our family members who support the restrictions we have put in place. A special thank you to all that have supported our community during this current time. Together we will see this through to the end.
If you have any questions at all, we are here for you. Please call us at 304-760-5290.
Charity Sayre, Executive Director
During this time of uncertainty over coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our residents, families, and team remain, as always, our top priority. By working together, staying patient, and implementing the best care practices possible, we can navigate this uncertain time together, as a community.
We are currently following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines relating to COVID-19. As preventive measures, we have put the following policies in place in our community.
Pursuant to our desire to keep our families and residents informed of any changes associated with our COVID-19 prevention efforts we have established an opt-in text number as an additional channel of communication for important updates. If you wish to receive updated information via text, please text the word “Devonshire” to 855-906-2913. Thank you in advance for supporting our protocols and assisting with keeping our residents, families and team members safe.
UPDATED VISITOR POLICY
We understand the importance of staying together as much as possible through these uncertain times. If you would like to schedule a video chat with your loved one, please call the main number, and our concierge will help you get this session booked. Thank you so much, and we hope all are staying healthy and well.
We thank you for your continued cooperation with our current visitation restrictions. Additionally, we understand you probably have questions around why the restrictions are in place. Below is a video link from Dr. David Gifford, Chief Medical Officer (AHCA/NCAL) that will help everyone understand the why behind our current restrictions. As always, we put our residents first and appreciate your cooperation.
· No visitors will be permitted until further notice.
· Limited exceptions may be made in extreme cases or end-of-life care situations. Express approval must be given; contact our mainline for further details.
· Healthcare providers (e.g., home health staff, visiting physicians, hospice staff, etc.) will be granted access to our community after passing an entry screening process.
· No vendors will be allowed in our community unless their visit is absolutely essential.
COMMUNITY AND RESIDENT LIFE
· Communal dining has been suspended. Meals will be delivered directly to the resident’s room.
· All group activities and special events have been canceled.
· Friends and family members are encouraged to call their loved ones often. We believe that frequent phone calls will boost our residents’ moods as they adjust to these changes.
· Team members are continuing to practice standard infection control procedures.
· Every team member will have their temperature checked daily before each shift. Anyone with a fever or cold-like symptoms will be sent home.
We know that this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in keeping our community safe. Should you have any concerns, please call our community directly.
As this situation progresses, we will continue to use this page for future updates. Stay tuned.
- Bellaire at Devonshire Executive Director Letter to Families 5-14-2020 (pdf)
- Governor Jim Justice Executive Order 35-20_5-14-2020 (pdf)
- Devonshire Executive Director Letter to Families and Loved Ones_4_21_20 (pdf)
- Devonshire Update – admission hold 4_6_20 (pdf)
- Devonshire Executive Director Letter- Family and Residents update April 3 2020(pdf)
- Executive Director Letter- Family & Residents update March 27_2020 (pdf)
- Resident Family Update w Exhibits – 3-15-2020 (pdf)
- Devonshire Executive Director Letter- No visitor Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-14-20 (pdf)
- Devonshire Executive Director – Dear Residents and Families – Limiting Visitation – 3-13-2020 (pdf)
- Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC): For current COVID-19 Updates – please click here.