July was a hot, fun-filled month at Bellaire at Devonshire. From enjoying Fireworks to Sundae Socials, our resident family had a month filled with enriching activities.
At the beginning of the month, residents painted some patriotic signs to decorate their apartments in celebration of Independence Day.
We also had an extra helping of vitamin D with our relaxing picnic outing on July 2nd. July 4th was celebrated with a Watermelon Social followed by taking in the beauty of local fireworks with our resident family.
Weekly fun events in July included Scrabble, Craft Corner, and a variety of sweet treat socials that helped us beat the heat and enjoy life to the fullest. And what’s a summer night without s’mores?
“Free-for-all” craft day was a big hit this month. We usually do one of these per month so residents can come and get caught up on craft days they may have missed
Our resident family cooled down and celebrated “National Daiquiri Day” with freshly-made daiquiris from our activities team.
On the COVID-19 front, as we moved into the full swing of Summer, our residents and team members remained healthy and strong. It continues to be a blessing to watch our residents finally be able to interact fully with other residents, their families, and our team members through communal dining, activities, scheduled visitations, and outings.
There have been no changes in our Covid plan or visitation policy. Below are some friendly reminders to our visitation guidelines.
- Visitation hours are 9am-6pm by appointment only.
- Appointments must be made by calling the concierge at the Community’s main telephone
- Visits are in hour increments. Visitation slots will be on the hour, Sunday-Saturday 9:00am- 6:00pm.
- Hand sanitizer and masks are available at the concierge desk.
- Consecutive hour visit appointments may not be reserved. If, however, upon your arrival for
your visit the following hour slot is available you may extend your visit. Please see the
concierge desk for details when you arrive.
- In-apartment visits will be limited to three visitors at a time.
- Outdoor patio visits may have 4 visitors at a time.
- Utilization of the private dining room or the Putnam Room is by reservation only. Call the concierge desk to reserve.
- When both visitors and residents are fully vaccinated, masks can be removed and close contact can occur while in apartments or designated visiting areas.
- Vaccinated and unvaccinated visitors are expected to wear a mask and practice social
distancing while moving to and from visits within the community.
- All visitors must continue to check in using the Accushield kiosk and complete the COVID-19 screening, including a temperature check.
- All vaccinated and unvaccinated team members are required to wear masks inside the
- Any exception to the above rules must be pre-approved by the Executive Director.
With the 4th of July Holiday fast approaching I anticipate several Residents on outings/visiting family members and loved ones. Please practice social distancing, hand hygiene, and mask utilization for non-vaccinated persons to protect our Resident population and you as well.
For up-to-the-minute community updates, follow our Facebook page and subscribe to our text news blast by texting “Devonshire” to 855-906-2913.
Want to schedule a tour to discover Devonshire for yourself? Click Here